Honeywell Experion PKS with ADM Integration
Manage the physical layer with the Advanced Physical Layer Diagnostics (ADM) by Pepperl+Fuchs
With the Advanced Diagnostic Module (ADM), Pepperl+Fuchs offers enhanced FOUNDATION fieldbus H1 physical layer diagnostics. The ADM automates commissioning and documentation, monitors the fieldbus segment online, and identifies faults in realtime.
This added functionality for the Honeywell Experion PKS distributed control system is called Advanced Physical Layer Diagnostics (APLD). An embedded expert system learns and interprets the electric values and behaviour of each segment. Plant maintenance receives early, easy-to-understand warnings. This offers a wealth of benefits and is supported by simple user display:
- Speeds up segment commissioning
- Provides early stage failure detection
- Supports proactive maintenance strategies
The FieldConnex Diagnostic Server (FDS) serves as the interface between both worlds. For the display of actionable information, the FieldConnex Diagnostic Manager is integrated directly into Experion PKS. This ensures a bidirectional communication path from the Advanced Diagnostic Modules (ADM) all the way to the Experion control system. A FieldConnex Diagnostic ActiveX component enables monitoring, viewing and analyzing ADM data and provides deep insight into the physical fieldbus layer directly within the Honeywell Experion environment.
A special hassle-free software tool takes care of automatic configuration for transparent integration of the FDS and all ADMs into Experion. As a result, the fieldbus physical layer appears as a manageable asset, providing the Experion PKS with a new level of insight into fieldbus communication.With the integration of FieldConnex fieldbus advanced physical layer diagnostics, Honeywell Experion users will not only experience a completely new level of insight into their fieldbus infrastructure, they also gain tangible benefits throughout the life cycle of the process control infrastructure: Due to FieldConnex Advanced Diagnostics, Experion APLD allows remote segment testing and documentation - eliminating numerous time-consuming and repetitive tasks.
- Accelerated segment commissioning: Due to FieldConnex Advanced Diagnostics, Experion APLD allows remote segment testing and documentation - eliminating numerous time-consuming and repetitive tasks.
- Improved plant availability: The fieldbus physical layer is monitored continuously. Critical conditions are detected at an early stage. This allows corrective measures before there is any impact on plant operation.
- Expert system for fast troubleshooting: In case of an alarm condition, incident-related information describes the nature of the problem and suggests remedies. This accelerates troubleshooting by service technicians.